I’m going to try an experiment tomorrow afternoon.
I feel the need to uplug and recharge. The last time I did this I had to leave home to make it happen. This time I’m going to try it right here.
My body and soul are screaming for less noise. So I’m going to spend an entire afternoon with no TV, computers or ipods. I’m going to unplug and recharge my internal batteries. And I’m going to stay awake while I do it.
After completing my normal Saturday morning rituals – mailing orders, going to the farmers’ market and listening to my favorite radio program – I am going to unplug from all technology and just BE HERE.
It may be tough, but I know I can do it. More important, I know I NEED to do it. I just finished a list of things I can do JUST IN CASE I’m tempted to plug back in.
1. Go for a walk.
2. Read a book.
3. Lie on the ground and find shapes in the clouds.
4. Hum (my friends tell me I’m a better hummer than singer or whistler – bless their hearts) my favorite songs.
5. Blow bubbles.
6. Make paper from dryer lint. Here’s how.
7. Feed the birds leftover bread crumbs.
8. Write someone a real letter.
9. Write a story about an important time in my life.
10. Find ten things in my closet that I haven’t worn in a year and package them for donation or eBay.
11. Forgive someone (myself, even).
You’re welcome to use my list AND add to it. How do you unplug and recharge?