I’ve been noticing my quirks lately. I have WAY too many to count and certainly to list. I am finding that noticing them is entertaining and enlightening though.
Here’s what I’m talking about:
1. a peculiarity of character; mannerism or foible
2. an unexpected twist or turn: a strange quirk of fate [origin unknown]
And here are five of my most prominent ones:
1. When I peel an orange – the skin HAS to come off in one piece. A lot of people ask me what would happen if the peel breaks. I’m not sure. I honestly can’t remember that happening.
2. When I sleep – one of my feet has to be outside of the blanket. It doesn’t matter which foot. Is there such a thing as being ambidextrous with my feet?
3. When I eat a sandwich – I always eat the crust first. And yep, this applies to tacos, too (and I DO get that tacos don’t have crust.). Hey, it’s MY quirk – ha!
4. Before going to bed each night – I make sure every pillow in my home is rearranged to its original position. This is my ONLY hard wired organizational quirk.
5. I wear something purple every day. For as long as I can remember, this has been as conscious a part of preparing for the day as brushing my teeth.
Who knows how or why quirks begin and continue. All I know is that we all have ’em. They help make us who we are. What are some of yours?