I’ll write more about that as soon as I can. In the meantime, I have the honor of stepping into 2012 by being present to my sister (with my family) as she is assisted by Hospice during this phase of her rich and very beautiful life.
Back to wOw! Suffice it to say that wOw! is one of those fabulous words that fits positive, negative and neutral situations. It’s a word we can use when no other will work. Over this next year of Sundays, I’m going to share some wOw! moments from the previous week. By December 31, 2012, I’ll have shared 2012 wOw! moments. I hope you’ll have spotted (and maybe even shared) close to that, too.
For THIS week, I’ll share:
1. an intimate talk with my sister about how she is more afraid for those of us she loves losing her than of dying;
2. holy moments with my mother about the prospect of losing a child;
3. the little girl in the hospital elevator who told me that my painted cane made her think I was Mary Poppins;
4. my nephews and I have shared mannnnnny holy memories of their mother and my sister;
5. during this time, I’m staying with my mom at a great Senior Independent Living complex. I’m SO grateful for how loved she is here. I’m also scared by how much I now know about Lawrence Welk;
6. it never ceases to amaze and humble me how nurses on oncology wards in hospitals continue to treat every patient as if they’re the first and most important;
7. my friends leave me in AWE. I have never felt alone, adrift or so afraid I couldn’t call someone. I am bowled over by gratitude;
8. sometimes we feeble humans forget that resentment is just a poison we take ~ waiting for it to hurt someone else;
9. when I was in Harris Teeter today, I witnessed a woman paying for the order of the man behind them. They were stangers. She just did it. He accepted. I got to witness. It was holy.
That’s it for this week. Much more to follow.
I look forward to hearing about your wOws! And hey, what’s YOUR WORD for 2012?
15 thoughts on “2012 wOws…”
Each year does begin through a new door – gazing out a new horizon. Mari remains in my prayers as do you and all of those near.
Peace — Carrie
Mary Poppins you are!!..I absolutely adore your insight…Love and Peace…Glo
LIsa, I look forward to reading your blogs this year and more on the word ‘wow.” Wow is a powerful word. It can describe both positive and negative….and can be used as punctuation! I was amazed to find out that “Oh wow” were the last words spoken by Steve Jobs.
Oh Lisa….you have had some “Wow” moments this week. Thoughts and prayers continue to be with you through this time with Mari and your family. I love you….and so appreciate you sharing these moments with us.
Lisa – Your insight is so amazing! And I am so grateful that you share it with others. You so beautifully express what many of us feel. Looking forward to your sharing during 2012. My word for 2012 – blessed! Continued prayers for your sister and family.
I can’t wait for a year of wow. I thought and thought, based on how much I truly love your blog and for me the word of the year is “Make”. Like Wow, it has so much wound up in it. ha ha ha, Like Wow, man, make love not war. How funny, that just sort of popped up from the congruence of our words. Best of everything to you and yours and prayers and angels too.
and that weirdness from askimet is me, rox, being numbered,in case you were wondering…LOL
What a blessed, holy invitation to enter 2012 with you and wOw. I accept!
I am blessed to live in a world that even though time and space separate use from special people who are dear to us who impact use still and we put if forward for someone else to learn from and they put it forward so that the chain of events goes all the way around. I know in Jacksonville, Fl that Mari and Lisa and their families have been on a prayer list that has over 200 churches involved All religions included just the hope of peas and joy that Mari is surrounded by love and that even though distance separates people that hugs can come long distance and ANY and EVERY Oncology nurse is beyond special. They are God’s earthly angels They will help you at the right time
Praying for you, Mari, and your family! Spending the last two weeks in the hospital with my dad has made me appreciate the talents and gifts of some wonderful people…nurses, doctors, aides, snack bar workers……..I’m glad Mari, you, and your family are blessed to be surrounded by caring people!
I have spent the last week thinking of my word for 2012…..in 2010 my word was allow….2011 it was stretch…..and in 2012 it’s PLAY!!!!!!
Blessings to you and yours, and all here…. Judi
wOw…what a fabulous way to enter 2012!!! thank you, Lisa, for sharing your journey with us. praying angels ALL AROUND Mari, you, your mother, and the rest of your family…
May we all have an abundance of the positive wOws this year! Sending thanks and love to you, Lisa, for the many times you have helped me remember to look, listen, and become aware of wonderful things that are just waiting to be noticed and acknowledged with a sincere, “Wow”. (:
Sending you & your family love and healing as you are present with your sister. Many angels surround Mari in grace and beauty, and extended wings to hold each of you during this time. Much love, grace and blessings
Lisa, this is beautiful and I can’t wait to share many more WoW moments with you! You should know that you constantly WoW me with your ability to find such beauty amidst such heartbreaking circumstances. My heart is with you and your family, know that all the love you constantly pour into others is coming back to you now!!
thanks, thanks, thanks to you ALL. i will reply more directly very soon.