My “word” for 2012 is wOw!
wOw! is one of those fabulous words that fits positive, negative and neutral situations. It’s a word we can use when no other will work. Over this next year of Sundays, I’m going to share some wOw!moments from the previous week. By December 31, 2012, I’ll have shared 2012wOw! moments. I hope you’ll have spotted (and maybe even shared) close to that, too.
Here’s what made me say wOw! this week:
320. seeing the first azalea blooms of the year;
321. a tree full of red cardinals;
322. the artistry of Saw Dogs;
323. a flock of Canada geese;
324. the movie Charly;
325. Tom’s thwarted cherry-picker plans;
326. Harely & McKenna telling me about ‘the responsibilities and privileges of being nine’;
327. American Girl dolls;
328. listening to my original Carole King Tapestry ALBUM – on a TURNTABLE!;
329. how holy Lent is to me;
330. the honor of being a witness to a stranger’s story – who’s no longer a stranger;
331. the triumph of Tom’s home repair adventure;
332. having a clogged toilet that turned into needing to replace the entire septic holding tank system;
333. being able to joke about the above;
334. visiting with a healing friend;
335. watching a friend decide to change her life;
336. The Voice ‘battle rounds”;
337. a magical yin yoga practice;
338. putting my yard stuff back together after a huge wind storm;
339. the full moon over LKW;
340. trying to watch this video of Mari, but not being QUITE ready – yet;
341. how quickly a septic holding tank system can be replaced;
342. seeing an EMPTY septic holding tank;
343. the beautiful singing voice of one of the plumbers;
345. how messy some electricians are;
346. a wonderFULL 40th birthday party;
347. hearing a dear friend tell his story;
348. watching two boats on LKW under the moonlight;
349. a joyFULL spiritual direction session with an amazing woman;
350. how fun it was to make ABCs for Life #26,093;
351. lunch at Pizza Village with very dear pals;
352. catching up with a long-time friend at long last;
353. Linda’s new life adventure;
354. sadness for MC;
355. Eagle Scouts;
356. working through a misunderstanding;
357. early morning road trip rituals with Jo;
358. a peaceful Lenten Quiet Day with some dear women at St John’s;
359. a pond surrounded by trees FULL of egrets;
360. trying to call Mari;
361. playing with Blossom;
362. Duke’s loss;
363. salmon with asparagus & toasted quinoa;
364. how fresh lavender/tea tree oil smells on my kitchen counters;
365. how I need to have every pillow in my home in place before I go to sleep;
366. rubbing Blossom’s belly before we both fall asleep;
What made you say wOw! this week?
8 thoughts on “320 – 366 in a year of 2012 wOws!”
You will know when you can watch the video of Mari!! It is beautiful and it is a WOW and wonderfully done and special!! Love the VOICE battle rounds it is heart pouring and heart felt
My WOW for the week was spending two days and two nights by myself, reflecting and realizing I really, really like who I am. It amazes me how some people think there is something wrong with me because I want to be alone at times, and I say..there is everything right with me because I can spend time alone!!
Great WOW! Only you have the insight for all these activities, which make a fabulous week and buzy life! Carol King- Really!!! So stoked for you for that album was well worn by me 🙂
Looking at online photos of India’s Festival of Colors! Wish I could do something like that with my students to greet spring. (Minus the hitting with sticks! You’ll know what I’m talking about if you take a look.)
THANK YOU for sharing the tribute video of Mari….and YES, I am convinced she flew up to heaven on the wings of angels!
My wOw moment…..having my new someone special realize that my eyes are the window to my soul!
Marina, thanks for the gentle reminder. SO glad i’ve got a Voice pal out there! 🙂
Glo, ❤ u 2
Robin, you know i SO get how important that alone time is. YAY FOR YOU!
Adena, yep – i am a lifetime Carole King GROUPIE! 🙂
Mary Louise, thanks for the tip! just this one link of the festival a colors blew me away! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/07/holi-2012-festival-of-colors-spring-songs-photos_n_1326812.html
looking forward to seeing more.
Judi, glad you enjoyed the tribute to Mari. my niece did a beautiful job with it. sooooooooooo glad you have such a wise new someone-special 🙂
thanks to you all for chiming in. LOVE hearing from you!
So loved seeing the video of Mari. So many wonderful memories. Those we love are never gone as long as we have memories. Memories are how God makes sure people we love stay in our hearts. My WOW moment is watching that video….and enjoying all the wonderful memories. Even the ones I wasn’t a part of. And so many I was a part of.