My “word” for 2012 is wOw!
wOw! is one of those fabulous words that fits positive, negative and neutral situations. It’s a word we can use when no other will work. Over this next year of Sundays, I’m going to share some wOw!moments from the previous week. By December 31, 2012, I’ll have shared 2012wOw! moments. I hope you’ll have spotted (and maybe even shared) close to that, too.
Here’s what made me say wOw! this week:
367. chilled orange slices;
368. hanging sheets on the line for the first time this year;
369. a fun Sunday walk with Tom;
370. veal marsala;
371. Undercover Boss;
372. how quickly Wallyce’s request for an IPod was answered;
373. a crisp apple with almond butter;
374. my tax-time playlist;
375. sleeping with my windows open;
376. waking up WAY before sunrise;
377. pix of Linda’s new apartment;
378. The Descendants;
379. the Naked Face Project;
380. a day with no mail;
381. how often Tom hears sirens from his house;
382. having to finally throw away my longtime favorite pair of flip flops;
383. finding The Perfect replacement flip flops;
384. painting those flip flops – so they’re Mine;
385. Molly’s big sister blog;
386. sad news about Pinterest;
387. another tax year done;
388. how great corned beef smells while it’s simmering;
389. the first grass-cutting of the season;
390. an AMAZING walking stick from Dot – created by Jack;
391. “When a man Loves a woman” by Joshua on American Idol;
392. Picket and Lendon’s Spring driveway;
393. Tom’s ”new” ’34 Chevy Streetrod;
394. the license plate on Tom’s new car;
395. how cozy my 25-year-old cotton sweater is on chilly Spring nights;
396. how much I can trust ‘that feeling’ when spooked;
397. how quickly the LKW police arrive when called in the middle of the night;
398. homemade corned beef hash on St Patrick’s Day;
399. Real Simple magazine;
400. cruising with Tom and dear friends;
401. grilled eggplant with goat cheese;
402. being Mom’s computer help desk;
403. how cut tulip stems continue to grow in water;
404. the eternal connection of sisters;
405. holy time with Sarah Mac;
406. comforting Blossom during a thunderstorm;
407. settling in to fall asleep to the rain;
What made you say wOw! this week?
4 thoughts on “367 – 407 in a year of 2012 wOws!”
First, what was that middle of the night phone call about? A prowler or what? Is this related to the spooked feeling? I had a great wOw, earlier in the week, feeling the energy and compassion of my students while they watched the Kony 2012 video and were so eager to help. Then came a sad and worried wOw on Friday, when I read about the breakdown of one of Invisible Children’s founders.
I was wOwed by how “making music with my friends” completely changed my attitude from negative, grumpy I-don’t-want-to, into gratitude and enjoyment of the gift of sharing music on a beautiful day.
My 27-year-old son getting up Sunday morning after a late night out to join his dad & me in church.
Mary Louise, the story of your students’ reactions wOwed me, too. thanks. and not to fret – am safe. did have a scare, but All is Well. thanks for checking 😉
Wanda, cool how putting yourself ‘out there’ – through music or otherwise can do that, eh? wOw! LOVE the church story!
thanks for chiming in, ya’ll!
Probably my biggest WOW moment in the past 50+ years is getting the ’34 Chevy. A life-long dream come true. No idea how many people will see this, but thanks, darlin’ for posting it.