My “word” for 2012 is wOw!
wOw! is one of those fabulous words that fits positive, negative and neutral situations. It’s a word we can use when no other will work. Over this next year of Sundays, I’m going to share some wOw!moments from the previous week. By December 31, 2012, I’ll have shared 2012wOw! moments. I hope you’ll have spotted (and maybe even shared) close to that, too.
408. Bradford Pear Tree petal ‘snowfalls’;
409. turkey sausage;
410. hearing my new Blue Bird of Happiness (from Sarah Mac) windchimes;
411. Costco on a Sunday afternoon;
412. overhearing a mom describe ‘brain freeze’ to her two frozen-yogurt-eating sons;
413. then witnessing one of the ‘catch’ brain freeze;
414. Stargazer lilies;
415. the unexpected disappointments of MS;
416. how well Tom rolls with the unexpected disappointments of MS;
417. realizing (again) that the MS in my body is a LOT tougher on those who love me than on me;
418. spotting the first Mallard nest of the season;
419. Alyssa (the oldest of my great niece/granddaughters 🙂) getting her braces off;
420. hearing Linda’s excitement about her first day in her new career;
421. whole wheat veggie lasagna;
422. being relieved to find gas at the bargain price of $3.75;
423. the honor of taking care of my mom after she had dental surgery;
424. how much smarter Mom is – now that I’m almost 54;
425. the holy honor of really hearing stories;
426. the sweet & comforting picture Lacey posted on FB of The Kids while she was dog sitting for me;
427. swapping stories about my sister with my brother-in-law, Joe;
428. Starbucks BlondeRoast;
429. getting my first e.mail from Jo- who’s in Turkey right now;
430. being interviewed by a USAToday reporter about The Naked Face Project (she said the article will run on Monday!);
431. making chicken pot pies for Mom and Joe;
432. Joe calling to tell me how much he enjoyed his :);
433. having an open-window-rowdy-music-paper-art-creating day;
434. the comforting impact of writing ‘All Shall Be Well’ on 200 prayer stones;
435. the comforting impact of hearing from a dear Shalem pal;
436. Anne Lamott’s writing;
437. veal Marsala w/ grilled eggplant, asparagus & carrots;
438. a holy Saturday morning (and early afternoon) with so many dear people at New Hope Baptist Church in Buckhead;
439. hearing about a new friend’s great Take the Lake experiences and plans;
440. Tom’s I-81 close-call /hit and run accident (he is OK, but his truck – not so much);
441. a powerful yet peaceful storm over LKW;
442. settling in for a cozy Saturday night;
443. AHmazing double rainbows spotted all over the area;
444. how FUN offering these wOw! lists is being;
4 thoughts on “408 – 444 in a year of 2012 wOws!”
Coming back from South Whiteville on the bypass and seeing what looked like a giant white kite tail in the blue sky over the swamp; realizing it was a line of egrets (hundreds of them!) flying, dipping, twisting way up high.
Being “gobsmacked”–i believe that’s your word–by that double rainbow.
….ditto! We were gobsmacked by the double rainbows…beaUtiful!!! 🙂
Wanda, sooooooooooo glad you got to SEE those egrets!
Pickett, gotta LOVE gobsmackin’ double rainbows!
thanks for chiming in, ya’ll~~~
One of my best WOW moments is just looking at all your WOW moments. So fun to see.