My “word” for 2012 is wOw!
wOw! is one of those fabulous words that fits positive, negative and neutral situations. It’s a word we can use when no other will work. Over this next year of Sundays, I’m going to share some wOw!moments from the previous week. By December 31, 2012, I’ll have shared 2012wOw! moments.
I hope you’ll have spotted (and maybe even shared) close to that, too.
(NOTE : For the next couple of weeks, I’ll be posting midweek rather than Sunday.)
Here’s what made me say wOw! this week:
507. how loud the chorus of birds just outside my bedroom window are minutes before sunrise;
508. the return of The Young Gator in the canal across from the LKW boat landing;
509. Blossom searching the house so she can settle in the spot with the brightest light;
510. the sad reality that if there’s one mouse, there’s more;
511. a fabulous dinner at San Juan ~ Whiteville’s newest Mexican restaurant;
512. that it’s more than OK that I don’t have Betty-Davis-Eyes NOR Michelle-Obama-Arms;
512. choosing to NOT allow a disappointment to become a resentment;
513. the returning health of my pal Brenda;
514. how healing laughter ALWAYS is;
515. how much difference a new doormat can make;
516. Real Simple magazine;
517. the humble honor of helping a dear friend carry her grief;
518. being afraid and doing it anyway;
519. the joyful reality of the 50 days of Easter;
520. the honor (and terror) of being asked to be the commencement speaker at Waccamaw Academy‘s final graduation ceremony;
521. having a house that’s clean inside and out (at least for five minutes);
522. having all of my laundry done (and put away);
523. that some days, MS is NOT the best thing that ever happened to me;
524. learning (again) that it’s not a good plan to try reapplying peanut butter to a ‘set’ mousetrap;
525. profoundly powerful friendships with other women;
526. having someone in my life who shows his love by power washing my home and pier, repairing/replacing leaky outside faucets & hose holders, raking my beach and cleaning my gutters;
527. the new x-mini capsule speaker for my iPod;
528. how lightening-fast and wonderFULL conversations with 9-year-old girls are;
529. a family of ducks enjoying the birdseed residue on my patio;
530. breakfast with The Susans;
531. the remarkable resemblance between my pal Bob S and his nephew Cameron;
532. completing all 12 items on my To Do list before noon;
533. receiving the coolest PURPLE gift from Pickett;
534. completing all 12 items on my To Do List before noon;
535. the cool way tulip stems keep growing when they’re in a vase;
536. salmon with citrus salsa verde;
537. Dick Clark’s passing;
538. joyFULL anticipation of the annual reunion with five women (at LKW this year!) with whom I’ve been solidly connected for 26 years;
Looking forward to reading about what made YOU say wOw! this week…
6 thoughts on “507 – 538 in a year of 2012 wOws!”
Lots of wOws for me – some highs to counteract the mighty lows – this week. But a FAB wOw is learning that U will be the last commencement speaker at Waccamaw Academy. How incredibly wonderFUL & fitting! Rock on, darlin’. 🙂
tis a humbling honor indeed, dear Pickett. thanks…
Waccamaw Academy must be a very cool place–and will be all the richer for having you help them mark this occasion. I needed your WoW list more than I can say this evening. Thank you, friend.
Reading your WoW list for the 4th time this week – helped me really focus on my WoWs. Thanks! And I agree – you’ll be an awesome commencement speaker!
Geez didn’t you speak at a graduation ceremony a long time ago! You are a daily inspiration and now I know where the wOw was that I was looking for I am learning that wOw is powerful and it comes in some of the strangest places
Alicia, Jo Anne, Marina ~ thanks so much for joining in this wOw! adventure AND for your generosity.