My word for this year is LEARN.
So it just makes sense to use this Year of Sundays to reflect on 52 of my most significant Life Lessons. Some may seem more significant than others, but each one has changed how I live my life in powerful way. I’d love to hear if and how any of these same lessons have surfaced in the classroom of Your Life.
Every one of us can be a superhero.
I saw an ad this week from a company that makes custom superhero capes. I thought that was cool, since I believe this world could sure use more superheroes. That got me to thinking about what kind of superhero power I’d want to have. Would I choose to fly, be invisible at will, read minds, shoot webs from my fingertips, leap tall buildings in a single bound or…?
Then I got to pondering what kind of powers I already have, but don’t use well or often enough. So they don’t get the chance to become superpowers.
- I have the power to listen with the intention of understanding, instead of waiting to reply.
- I have the power to make my own choices and allow others to make their own.
- I have the power to be at peace at any given moment – when I make that choice.
- I have the power to pay attention to the person in front of me, instead of what’s next on my To Do List or (ugh!) what’s happening on my iPhone.
- I have the power to choose broiled/grilled seafood, rather than deep fried – sometimes.
- I have the power to do.the.next.right.thing , instead of the next.easiest.thing.
Yep, I have all of these powers. You do, too – and even more.
Which of your powers do you want to turn into superpowers?
7 thoughts on “finding your own cape…”
I’d like to use my creative artistic power to bring light , hope and beauty to the world.
One of your best blogs yet, Lisa. Excellent.
As for the super power I’d choose……..I’d choose to fly. Then, when I get in trouble because I don’t do all the great things you mentioned, I could just fly away somewhere.
The super power I would choose is the ability to listen to my own inner voice more. That said, I do believe my inner voice is the voice of God’s spirit directing me to where I need to be. So, I guess my super power to use more would be my “be still and remember God is God” power.
I want the ability to be invisible sometimes. I’m an introvert who enjoys people-watching. I just want to be places (church, AA) without having to interact.
And I agree with Tom–one of your best ever!
(Where can I get my own cape?)
Kira, thankfully, you DO. 🙂
Tom, you.crack.me.up 😉
Judi, what a beautiful and holy choice!
Robin, know JUST what you mean about that introvert thing. ps – here’s the cape link http://powercapes.com/custom-superhero-cape