My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. And I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. See ya ’round!
41. I spotted a great blue heron standing in the middle of a huge plowed field.
42. There’s a stuffed squirrel tucked among the pipes of our church organ (we’ve had problems with squirrels snacking on the inner working up there ;)).
43. I LOVE it when I notice how sacred helping serve Communion is.
44. Even after almost 24 years, the MS in my body still surprises me sometimes.
45. I can’t imagine dealing with the surprises of the MS in my body without Tom’s support.
46. I’m gobsmacked by how often we humans seem to look for ways to exclude one another.
47. And then there are humans who seem to be hardwired to find connections.
48. Hundreds of grebes settling onto the canal or lake sound amazingly like a HUGE waterfall.
49. It’s so cool to get to know the people for whom I get to create.
50. Being with a ten-year-old helps realign my priorities.
What have you noticed this week?
One thought on “taking notice ~ week 3”
How much fun my dogs have when we walk in the field by the house.