My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. And I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. See ya ’round!
86. French Toast made with Italian Bread = a ‘living-on-the-edge’ culinary success 😉
87. It’s fun to watch Tom watch the Superbowl.
88. That Full Fall Moon was breath-taking!
89. I’m always surprised when I realize I’m clenching my fists, as I fall asleep.
90. It always feel GREAT to UNclench them.
91. It’s cool how often people in hospital/surgery waiting rooms find some way to find common ground.
92. Wouldn’t it be cool if we humans didn’t have to be in scary situations before we searched for common ground?
93. Coming home to a full load of firewood, cleaned-out and re-stacked fireplace, Pierce and Company sausage and cheese = priceless.
94. The ‘original’ Wuthering Heights is pretty darn cool.
95. It’s just plain holy to have people in my life, that no matter how long it’s been since we last saw each other – when we see each other, that time span no longer exists. (And yes, I DO realize that’s a very poorly constructed sentence. )
96. A true leader can make a HUGE difference.
97. I hate it when it takes me almost five minutes to realize the glove I’ve been searching for is ON.MY.HAND.
98. I hope our ordained clergy take care of themselves (at least) as well as they take care of others.
99. It fills my heart to the rim to get lovenotes from my God-daughter Abigail.
100. When people are hurt/scared, it’s best to play “let me listen to you” rather than “let me fix it”.
101. #98 absolutely includes me.
102. Being cured and being healed are not synonymous.
103. Krista Tippett’s On Being podcasts are magnificent – especially this one with Mary Oliver.
104. There might be easily understood tax laws, but I’ve never read one.
105. Vulnerability is courageous.
106. It’s way cool that my nephew Joe(y) turned 47 today. ❤
What have you noticed this week?