My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. And I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. See ya ’round!
118. Watching the SNL 40th Anniversary Show made me feel great about aging with so many cool folk.
119. Paul Simon can’t seem to perform without first giving credit to those with whom he’s performing. That rocks. And so does Paul.
120. Just when I think I’m doing better with my control issues, Mom has a tough time and I can’t Be There to Fix It. grrr…
121. Sometimes a doctor will surprise me – in a good way.
122. It’s amazing how healing almost ten hours of sleep can be.
123. I got to witness three deer across the road from my home sipping water from the canal, since their normal swamp waters were frozen.
124. It was too cool to spot daffodil in the church yard on Ash Wednesday.
125. An egret flew so close in front of my, crossing from one cotton field to another, that I had to stop my car.
126. Something in me always seems to shift into a lower gear during Lent.
127. Being silent with seven other people can feel even more peaceful than being silent alone.
128. The staff at Trinity Center (specializing in Camp, Conferences, Retreats, and Reunions) takes exceptional care of their guests at all times. And they take EXTRA care when the temps drop into the single digits.
129. It’s sad that it often takes the death of a sports icon, other celebrity, classmate or others we love – to make me realize that we are all mortal.
130. It’s cool how God, The Universe, and All That’s Good sends me ‘angels unaware’.
130. The Piggly Wiggly in Burgaw, NC has been impressively renovated and has a great salad bar.
131. I’ve only seen one of the movies nominated for Best Movie Oscar – so far.
132. This Fitbit thing on my wrist really is helping me walk more and sleep better.
133. Tulips given to me with love seem to last longer than the ones I just buy for myself.
What have you noticed this week?
2 thoughts on “taking notice ~ week 8”
Love that fitbit, Lisa!
Noticed this week:
How ‘naturally’ my body tells me to sleep off a second round of intestinal flu: for three days, if necessary.
How ‘modern’ my Modern Quilting Guild friends are getting with their designs all of a sudden.
The sheer delight 2-year-old Noah takes in standing at the sink and using the specially designed faucet attachment that gets the chute of water right to his little hands. Lock that bathroom door, Mom and Dad!
Worldwide facebook opera friends sharing excitement about a new opera season announcement.
How giving away some china has made all that remains seem fresh, new, and precious.
How my relationship with my brothers is flowering now that we are talking to one another directly, about how Mom’s care is going, but also about our own lives.
THANKS for sharing your noticings, Penny! i especially enjoy imagining Noah at that sink 😉