My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. And I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. See ya ’round!
178. Julia Child’s Elegance with Eggs episode gives me hope.
179. Being broken can be such a gift.
180. Hearing another human snore keeps me awake, but hearing Bloss snore helps me sleep.
181. Bloss woke me up just.in.time for us both the catch That Monday Morning Sunrise.
182. Making friends with someone I already knew in a new and even more intentional way is a sacred gift.
183. Connecting with friends who hold my deepest secrets with loving care is healing.
184. I love how happy and grateful Tom sounds when he’s sharing time with his sons.
185. Creating paper art (especially when creating with Jo) is the best Cheap Therapy in the world.
186. Baring witness, holding space, being a caregiver as a parent ages is a confounding and mystical gift – in good days and bad.
187. The majority of my friends have, are, or will be on this same journey with their parents.
188. There’s no Manual for This Journey.
189. Watching Mom walk (with her new-fangled-broken-wrist-holder-walker) all the way from her living room chair to her bed was triumphant.
190. I am overwhelmingly grateful to my Cheap Therapy customers for their patience, understanding, compassion and support.
191. I want to be a combination of Rose Mary Dougherty, Rosa Parks, and Diane Keaton, when I grown up.
192. A bath enhanced with lavender essential oil works.
193. God meets, holds, and (slow or fast) dances with us exactly where we are.
194. Michele is right here.
What have you noticed this week?
2 thoughts on “taking notice ~ week 12”
This week I’ve noticed how quickly pear trees bloom and how much fun my dogs have when we walk in the field next to my house!!!
Judi, SO GLAD you’re noticing those beautiful trees, too! and it makes me smile to imagine you and your dogs having so much fun together 🙂
THANKS for joining in this Noticing Adventure!