My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. And I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. I look forward to knowing what you’ve Noticed, too!
280. having an entire room at Harvey Mansion to ourselves made my mom SO happy on Mother’s Day.
281. poaching eggs in a microwave works (for Mom) – sometimes.
282. Panera Bread scones are pretty darned good.
283. yep, I notice a lot about food experiences.
284. the midges are back at LKW.
285. Define infuser water bottles ROCK. I especially like cucumber/lime/mint!
286. when ‘they’ say don’t bleach anything with Spandex in it, ‘they’ mean it.
287. it takes a long time to adjust to where Everything Is in a new wallet.
288. thanking a stranger for holding a door open for me, often surprises him. this one kinda makes me sad.
289. I will never understand why some people cruising around Lake Waccamaw feel the need to feed the gators.
290. it’s cool when company feels more like reconnecting with longtime friends.
291. after more than 15 years, I still LOVE creating Cheap Therapy.
What have you noticed this week?
3 thoughts on “taking notice ~ week 20”
I noticed how I came alive working on a big fundraising project for a non-profit whose work I believe in–connections to people, help and support from many (and unexpected) others, being part of a team.
Today I’m noticing how worn out I am after it’s over and how that’s just okay. And not unexpected.
Congratulations, Darlin’ One, on 15 years of Making.Others.Happy.Fulfilled.Loved.
Touched.Uplifted.Celebrated. You rock!!! And keep rockin’ on with your bad self!!! 🙂
amma, i’m SO grateFULL the project was such a gift for you and i hope you rested welllllllllllllll.
Pickett, thanks, may we both keep on rockin’!
HUGE thanks to ALL who’ve shared noticings here and more privately. i’m just plain gobsmacked by how powerful this adventure is being.