My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. I look forward to knowing what you’ve Noticed, too!
393. Spotting half a dozen deer simply enjoying an open field (curiously next to a cornfield ;)) made me stop in my tracks.
394. It’s so cool to witness one of the pair of red headed woodpeckers that visit Tom at the as time each night.
395. A good watermelon tastes like summer.
396. It’s so fun to share Lake Waccamaw T-shirts with groovy gals from New Mexico.
397. Hearing the great news of the birth of a dear pal’s first grandson to her 45-year-old daughter left me thrilled AND exhausted for them all.
398. As grateful as I am that my octogenarian aunt and uncle are physically safe after their home burned to the ground, feeling heartbroken and helpless has taken over.
399. Toothpaste really does help clean old and cloudy headlight covers.
400. I imagine many of us never outgrow that fear that no one will come to our birthday party. So grateFULL Mom had no need to worry.
401. I thought I understood how dear it was to parents, when other people love their children. Then I had the experience of witnessing people love my mom. #gobsmacked
402. PS – 124 cards, at last count.
403. No matter how many major or mini strokes, dementia or just.plain.life has taken over – we humans do remember and are grateFULL.beyond.words, when someone travels more than six hours round-trip in one day to eat pie with us on our birthday. #loveyouLinda
What did you notice this week?