My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. I look forward to knowing what you’ve Noticed, too!
438. Returning from the cool of The Hills to the Heat of Home definitely empowers the MS in my body.
439. After searching for a piece of jewelry that’s very special to me for more than a year and finally giving up hope, I found it exactly where it belongs and I’d ‘looked’ mannnnny times before.
440. The Crud + MS = no fun.
441. The movies Danny Collins and Woman in Gold are very healing.
442. Cancer sucks. Period.
443. People who battle cancer are heroes, whether or not they ‘win the war’.
444. So are caregivers of people who battle cancer.
445. Ivy is a vigorous foe.
446. Most of the time, I don’t see a snake when I’m looking for one.
447. Sometimes I do.
448. We usually only see the tip of the iceberg of how someone copes with dis-ease.
449. Although it’s usually meant as a compliment to tell someone he or she is an inspiration, it’s not always received as a compliment.
450. It’s impossible to lessen someone else’s grief.
451. My week goes much better when Mom’s week goes well.
452. Getting a birthday card from The President tickled Mom. Getting a long letter from her sister THRILLED her.
453. Mom had a great week, until we found out her gentleman friend, Dick, fell and broke his hip.
454. Human bodies don’t bounce like we’d prefer.
What did you notice this week?
4 thoughts on “taking notice ~ week 33”
1. A galleon looks like a tiny ship to sail the oceans.
2. An outsize giant tiger swallowtail butterfly visited my lantana patch yesterday.
3. Every fabric store I visit has some different and delightful fabric I simply must have!
4. Beautiful to see a mountain landscape for a change!
5. Pictures from my (missed) 50th High School reunion–they all look older too!
6. Peace of mind can be instantly suspended when someone I love is threatened with illness.
Water is instrumental to my health and weight loss journey!
I hear you about the “inspiration” thing. I feel the same ambiguity about “Bless your heart. ” I’d prefer to be ordinary.
yowza , Penny you experienced some powerful noticings last week! i can SO relate!
Judi, yep, hydration is key 🙂
Amma/Robin, i had a feeling that ‘inspiration’ one would ring true for you, too 😉
THANKS to all of you and to all who shared noticings more privately. y’all humble me.