My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. I look forward to knowing what you’ve Noticed, too!
478. Chive blossoms are YUMMY.
479. There are still dentists who treat More Mature Patients with respect and honor (HUGE THANKS Dr Rebecca Forrest and staff!).
480. Mom can still spot a ‘poorly trimmed hedge’ like an expert
481. Like most-things, homemade lemon curd puts all others to shame.
482. I find myself listening to Mom’s stories about her childhood in England much more carefully and completely these days.
483. I spotted five butterflies feasting on one Hawaiian Ginger bloom.
484. It’s cool to follow the adventures and lessons of an Anglican Priest pal follow his own nudge to offer “Talk to a Priest” space in Toronto.
485. Any child who takes time to write The Tooth Fairy a note, deserves a response.
486. Writing a letter for my good friend, The Tooth Fairy, was a deep and humble honor (and FUN, too!).
487. Even after all of these years, it’s still tough to anticipate how many Popsicles we’ll need for Take the Lake .
488. The best part of preparing for a weekend visit from my three favorite pre-teens is planning for the UNplanned.
What dd you notice this week?
One thought on “taking notice ~ week 36”
I LOVE these posts, Lisa. They make ME more mindful of all the wonderful things, people, and animals around me. I’m enjoying noticing more, thanks to you. Have a great time at Take the Lake.