My word for 2018 is focus, which requires paying attention to the moment – the now. So, this year, I’ll be taking note of experiences I may have missed, without focus. Many may seem to be BGO’s (blinding glimpses of the obvious), but hey, I might have missed them.
Here’s this week of NOWS:
a perfectly grilled pork tenderloin;
that heartbreaking feeling the moment I realize I can’t help someone who doesn’t want to help himself;
geniunely connecting with family;
an amzing art exhibit in New Bern, NC;
homemade ice cream;
the generosity of asking for help;
the power of prayer;
how much can be accomplished when I focus for just.one.hour on an overwhlming task;
playing in the dirt; and
Graham Norton’s Big Red Chair.
What NOWS did you experience this week?
2 thoughts on “a week of nows ~ #17”
This week of NOW was AMAZING. Why? My son, daughter in law, and grandson are going to be staying with me as they transition to life here in Wilmington. I am so happy they will be living near me – it’s an exciting and somewhat scary stepping out in hope for them, and a time for me to step up to my belief that people are far more important than things. The things? The contents of my jam packed sewing room and guest room, which I have spent two weeks clearing out for them to use. So, NOW I know –
* how shockingly much fabric I have accumulated since 1999.
* logistical and rearranging skills arrive with the need to use them.
* much good stuff to give away lurks in closets and bookshelves.
* trash is mingled with all our treasure – discarding unveils more abundance.
* friends bring help when help is needed.
* a shop called ‘basket world’ could be opened in my front yard.
* where my Dad’s military service records are – on my own shelves.
* a lifetime supply for creating beautiful quilts and things to wear is already in my house.
* my kids trust me enough to be willing to share my home with me – and I feel the same about them.
HOW COOL, Penny! i am gobsmacked by your NOWS. deep and humble thanks. ❤