My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. And I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. See ya ’round!
64. It can be tough to express and opinion without it sounding like a judgement.
65. I can trust other people with Bloss’ care.
66. Kids notice EVERYTHING.
67. People express pain/anger/fear/love/hope in different ways.
68. Even from a home facing East, the reflection of the sunset can be stunning.
71. Watching Ellen DeGeneres ALWAYS helps my spirits bounce back.
72. Even after more than 15 years, creating Cheap Therapy is still a LOT of FUN.
73. Homemade chicken pot pie ROCKS.
74. Sometimes, doing nothing is exactly the right thing to do.
75. It’s fun to check things off my Things To Do List.
76. It’s even more fun to add things to my Things To Do List, just so I can check them off.
77. It feels great to do nothing after Doing Things To Do.
78. Getting to witness a pair of cardinals gather breakfast from the pine straw in my yard is almost as nourishing as the omelet I was eating, as I watched them.
79. I will miss the TV show Parenthood.
80. Friday is not the best day to go to Sam’s, expecting great samples. Just sayin’
81. I bet I drive Tom bonkers when he’s ready to fix something on my car and I’m like – ‘thanks, but not now.’
82. Bloss is MUCH better than she was weeks ago.
83. It’s humbling and holy how Tom takes care of me – especially when I don’t know I need it.
84. Goody Goody’s (a Wilmington restaurant) omelets are AMAZING.
85. some Saturday afternoons are made for just.stopping.
What did you notice this week?