My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. And I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. See ya ’round!
195. Released Bradford pear tree blossoms create a beautiful ‘snowfall’ in my yard.
196. The gators are back at LKW.
197. So are the gator-watching-cruisers.
198. Researching lift chair options is mind-boggling.
199. Even though the MS in my body is still there, she’s being pretty patient with me lately.
200. The hummingbirds are back!
201. Sometimes, in the midst of absolutely-positively-must-get-things-done times, nothing is more helpful than a Netflix marathon.
202. As great as it is to see Mom making such solid progress in recovering physically, it’s EVEN BETTER to witness the return of her sassy sense of humor.
203. Life can turn on a dime. And sometimes they’re GREAT turns.
204. “Best Pre-’40s Car” in the 2015 Back to the Beach Car Show – YAY Tom!
What have you noticed this week?
3 thoughts on “taking notice ~ week 13”
I’ve noticed that previous life lessons came around to help in current circumstances.
I’ve also noticed that we have a word for preparing for a person’s birth….LABOR. But we don’t have a word for helping a person prepare for their death and we really need one. It’s a very special time, in my opinion more special than a birth, but there is no word for it and very few people know how to do it or how to help a person do it. Any insights from folks here wiser than me would be greatly appreciated! Love y’all!
what a powerfully profound noticing about the process of helping people enter and leave this life, Judi. i join you in hoping others will join in this sacred conversation.
Judi said it so eloquently. I have no profound words to offer, but I do offer my heart felt empathy for you and your beautiful mother in going through this transition in your lives. May it be a smooth adjustment and I know you are a great comfort to her being with her at every step.